To all the homies and homemakers, it’s time to stir up some kitchen magic with a dope twist on chocolate chip cookies, we’re infusing them with a lil’ green love. Snoop Dogg style, but with Martha’s touch of homey goodness. Let’s get Baked with Benny!
Butter: We kick it off with good unsalted butter and here’s the twist, we’ll use a portion of cannabutter for that mellow vibe. Use our recipe for cannabutter.
Sugars: Cream that cannabutter with a mix of white and brown sugar to get the sweetness started.
Eggs: Crack in a couple of room-temperature eggs to mix harmony into the melody.
Vanilla: A splash of vanilla extract to things jazz up.
Baking Soda & Warm Water: Dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda in hot water to get them cookies on the rise.
Salt: Just a bit of kosher saltiness to make the flavors pop.
Flour: Good quality all-purpose flour to bring it all together.
Chocolate Chips: Those semisweet chips, don’t cheap out on quality now.
Yield: This recipe should yield 4 dozen smaller cookies with 5-8 mg of THC, perfect for dosing.
What You Need
– 1 stick and 6 T butter, softened
– 2 Tablespoons of Benny’s Cannabutter, softened
– 1 cup white sugar
– 1 cup packed brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 2 teaspoons hot water
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Baking With a Buzz: Step-By-Step
- Beat that butter, cannabutter and sugars until they’re fluffier than a poodle at a dog show – think about four minutes to get it just right.
- Get the eggs and vanilla in the mix and beat it like it owes you money.
- Dissolve the baking soda in hot water and blend it into your buttery-sugary-eggy concoction.
- Ease in the flour bit by bit, incorporate slowly.
- Sprinkle in your chocolate chips, and if you’re rolling with the nuts, raisins or your favorite candy pieces, toss ’em in.
- Scoop out that dough onto your prepared baking sheet. No need to get perfect – aim for walnut-sized balls.
- Pop it in the oven at 350 degrees F and give it about 10 minutes. You’re looking for golden edges and a set middle that’s still got some groove to it.
- Flip those treats on a wire rack, don’t let ’em keep sizzling on that baking tray, or they’ll overcook.
Tips for the Tastiest Trip
– Chill your dough before baking to keep those cookies thicc and gooey in the middle.
– Let the baked cookies rest a minute on the sheet – they need their beauty rest too.
– Store them in an airtight container with a slice of bread to keep them softer than a Drake verse.
– You know the deal with edibles, start with 1 ‘cuz the effects can take up to 2 hours to kick in.
The Freeze Game
If you’re playing the long game, freeze the dough balls on a sheet tray and transfer to a gallon storage bag. Just like you’d stash your greens – wrap it up tight! These canna-cookies will keep frozen for up to two months. Pull ‘em out and bake ‘em when you’re feeling trippy.
These chocolate chip cookies, now with a cannabis kick, are the real deal. They’re crunchy, they’re chewy, they’re everything you want and then some. So put on your aprons, and let’s get baked!